Your Trusted Delta Dental Provider
If you are looking for a Delta Dental provider in West Orange or Caldwell, look no further than D&G Dental! Our team is pleased to be in-network with your dental insurance, and we will work to make sure you receive the highly affordable, high quality care you need and deserve. Keep reading to learn more about how Delta Dental insurance works at our office and how we will help you make the most out of your benefits from year to year.
About Delta Dental Insurance
Delta Dental insurance is a popular fee-for-service provider covering thousands of families and individuals in the US. In exchange for a set amount of money that you pay monthly (your premium), you are entitled to receive a list of benefits for free or heavily discounted each year. Delta Dental may pay anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 worth of care in a calendar year -- steep discounts on the dental services you need to enjoy a healthy, lasting smile.
Most Delta Dental plans work on a 100-80-60 scale, which looks like this:
- 100% covered: Preventive treatments like checkups and cleanings, X-rays, and possibly dental sealants and fluoride treatments for children
- 80% covered: Basic restorative care, including tooth-colored fillings, tooth extractions, periodontal treatment for gum disease
- 50% covered: More complex restorations or procedures, like dental crowns or dental implants
Elective procedures and cosmetic treatments are usually not eligible for coverage by your dental insurance. Orthodontics like traditional braces and Invisalign may be partially covered.
Maximizing Your Benefits
Finding out the details of your insurance plan is key to taking full advantage of your investment. To help, our office will perform a verification of benefits by getting in touch with Delta Dental to confirm what is covered and how much your deductible is. Once you have reached that amount, you are eligible for care up to your annual maximum. We will file and process your claims to ensure everything goes through smoothly.
Here are some ways you can make sure you are getting the most out of your investment in dental insurance.
- Getting two checkups and cleanings with X-rays per calendar year
- Completing any unfinished treatment plans
- Getting started on any necessary dental care
- Replacing old fillings or malfunctioning dental work
- Using up all benefits in a calendar year, as most plans do not roll over from one year to the next
With just a little effort and some assistance on your end, you can feel confident knowing you are making the most out of your investment in dental insurance. That’s a big benefit for wallet and your smile!
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with D&G Dental if you are covered by Delta Dental insurance. Our team will help you maximize your dental insurance benefits for a healthy, long-lasting smile. You are invited to request an appointment today.